Thursday, July 01, 2004

SpiderMan II: Oh HELL nah!

Endless rehashing of the same mix of frustrated puppy love, survivor guilt, and identity crisis as the first one. Is that a good enough description of Spidey 2 for ya? I can't believe how much this movie sucked!! I mean, don't get me wrong, I didn't really have high hopes for it since I hated the first one, but still... I was desperate enough for something to do tonight that I went to the sequel of a movie I hated, and got exactly what I deserved. I would've had more fun if I stayed home by myself and watched the Queer Eye Marathon on Bravo. This movie so boring, and is rife with cheesey scenes: from the little kids who thank Spiderman in unison, to the infant that helps spiderman climb up a ledge in a burning building, to the chinese lady singing the off-key Spiderman song, to the bad acting, to the... need I go on? I hated the first one, but a year later I had forgotten just HOW much I hated it, and now it all came flooding back like a repressed childhood beating. The best part is how all week MTV has been touting Toby Mcgwire as this awesome hunk, and they kept replaying the same two-second scene over and over of him taking his shirt off. Face it, he's a scrawny geek, picked to fit the part of Peter Parker who is supposed to be a scrawny geek. Just cause he's the star of a "mega summer blockbuster" doesnt make him Hansel (who, by the way, is so hot right now). Basically, if you liked the first one then you'll probably like the second one. Of course if you liked the first one you probably need to be punched in the face for being such an idiot. The best part of the movie was making fun of it the whole time and purposely pissing of the couple in front of us ;)

No comments: